If you enjoyed my Hearts and Crafts for Valentine's Day post, below are the DIY directions on how to make your own hanging hearts!
What you'll need:
- Cardboard paper (the thickness of a shoebox)
- Acrylic paints in any color (I used red, light pink, and magenta)
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- Glitter in any color (I used glass glitter in antique gold, but any coarse glitter will be great)
- Thin ribbon in any color (I used red and a variety of pink ribbon)
9) Pour coarse glitter over the glue and repeat on the opposite side of the heart. Allow the glitter to dry very thoroughly, a few hours.
10) Taking a heart with a bottom slit, thread the ribbon through until it reaches the top of the slit.
11) Taking a heart with a top slit, slide the two hearts together.
The 3-D heart is complete.
Here's what the finished hearts look like without ribbons. Darling to have just sitting around a Valentine table!
To see the hearts hanging in my home, check out the finished Hearts and Crafts for Valentine's Day project!
Thank you for visiting Nora's Nest, and Happy Valentine's Day decorating!!